Monday, August 6, 2012

We made a fruit cake for my birthday.
Hanging out with cousin Abigail.
One evening Katie was fussing, Rachel was crying because she needed to be fed, and I thought, "I will just quickly cut open this package of bacon and get it cooking while I go feed Rachel" My finger was in the way and I cut my finger more than I cut the package of bacon. I stuck my finger under cold water in hopes to clean and numb it. I stood there for about 20 minutes watching the sink fill with blood and wondering what I should do with my kids and if I needed to go get stitches. The kids were down stairs playing and I didn't want to call them up to help me because I didn't know how they would react to a sink full of blood. My sister was coming over that evening for another reason, so I called her to come sooner and when she got here she ended up taking my kids and when Jake got home he took me in to get 7 stitches. It ended up being really deep. My finger still does not have complete feeling, but I am glad that I still have the end of my finger

Print Page

No comments: