Thursday, July 3, 2008

Hannah's Hair cut

I have always really liked long hair. This probably came from my mom, who always kept my sisters and my hair long growing up. Most of our childhood, our hair was at our waist. So, I have kept Hannah's hair long. The problem that we had was that Hannah did not like to have her hair combed out or done up. Her hair was always tangled, she has a tender head, and whenever I did her hair in a braid or ponytail, by the end of the day she would have taken it out and it would be all tangled up again. So, I went and had the kids pictures taken on Tuesday (so if I missed Hannah's long hair, I could look at the pictures), and today I went and had Laura cut Hannah's hair. This is a before picture of Hannah and her long hair.


This is a between picture. We decided to cut enough hair to donate to Locks of Love. Hannah was excited that some other little girl might be able to wear her hair.







This is the after picture. Laura did a great job cutting Hannah's hair. The first thing that Hannah said when she looked in the mirror for the first time was, I look like Olivia, (her friend from St George). She loves her new hair cute and keeps going into the bathroom to look at her hair in the mirror.



7 comments:

Elizabeth Ward said...

Hannah looks so cute. Tell her that Madeline loves it.

Stephanie said...

oooooo....can I have it? :) She is so adorable, Laralee!

Yael said...

Super-cute hairstyle. Is her hair naturally straight that close to her scalp, or was it blown dry in the picture?

Ben and Lacy said...

I love it Hannah. Thanks for calling me to let me know what you did. I think it is soooooo cute. Aunt Laura is very good at cutting Hair

Martha said...

Oh my gosh! her hair is sooo stinkin' cute, i love it!

Griffin Family said...

Wow, Hannah looks a lot older with her hair shorter, but it looks really cute.

Christensen family said...

Hannah, we love your haircut!