Saturday, September 20, 2008

Kids say the cutest things

So I didn't end up making any salsa. The day I was going to make it, I did not have green peppers and I did not feel like loading the kids up in the car to go to the store just to buy green peppers, (due to my last experience of taking my three kids to the store.) You can't have salsa without green peppers, so I made tomato sauce instead. The reason I am posting this is because I just read a post on someone's blog about onions and crying and it reminded me of when I was trying to cut onions for the sauce. My mom had sent some onions out from her garden and I was using those. They were the strongest smelling onions that I had ever cut before. Tears were streaming down my cheeks. It was so bad that it was making me gag. Hannah was watching me wondering why I was crying while I was cutting onions. So I explained to her that I was not sad, it was the onions that were making me cry and mentioned that it would be a lot better if I could just close my eyes while I cut the onions. So she asked, "Why can't you just close your eyes?" I said, "If I closed my eyes while I cut the onions, I would probably cut my finger off." Then she said, "How about you close your eyes so you won't cry, and I will watch your fingers so you won't cut them."

It would have been interesting to see how that turned out.


Print Page

6 comments:

Christensen family said...

Ha Ha, that is is so funny. Hannah is so fun.

Griffin Family said...

I love it when kids say the cutest things, your are so cute Hannah. Of course, so is William and Brooklyn.

Stephanie said...

That's great, Laralee. And you're a trooper for making the homemade sauce!

Michelle said...

Hannah is so cute. I'm glad you guys didn't test that out though.

Martha said...

that is DARLING!

Yael said...

Now that is one clever kid! :)