

A few weeks ago the Jake was involved with a youth activity where he told about the culture in Taiwan. For part of it he bought some duck eggs to show to the kids. I guess they eat duck eggs a lot in Taiwan. They call them 1,000 year old eggs. The way they would make them years ago is they would soak them in horse urine with the shell on, and then they would peel them like a boiled egg and eat them. Fortunately now they don't soak them in horse urine. They soak them in vinegar, and some other things that I don't know. Anyway, I never worked up the courage to try it, and for some reason I don't feel like I am missing out on anything.
Print Page

3 comments:
That sounds disgusting!
Yucky! Did Jake eat it?
Jake has tried some in Taiwan, but no, he did not eat it this time. He says it is pretty gross.
Post a Comment