I just got back from voting and I felt like a kid on Christmas morning. I was so excited to go vote. Especially since I only had to wait 5 minutes. We tried to vote early and went one evening about 6:30, and we would have had to wait 2 hours. It is neat to see so much interest in this election. It will be interesting to see how the election turns out later tonight. I really hope that McCain wins. If not, it will really be interesting to see how the next few years go.
I also wonder how prop. 8 will turn out in California. I just saw on KUTV news a new anti-prop 8 commercial. ( I was going to post the link, but then I thought that I don't want a link to that kind of stuff on my blog. You can see it on KUTV web site if you want.) I could not believe it when I saw it. What is this world becoming. It made me kind of mad that people would go out and make this kind of propaganda without trying to fully understand everything.
The Church always does great in defense when these kind of things happen. This was the statement that the Church came out with in reference to this commercial.
Scott Trotter with the Church released this statement,
“The Church has joined a broad-based coalition in defense of traditional marriage. While we feel this is important to all of society, we have always emphasized that respect be given to those who feel differently on this issue. It is unfortunate that some who oppose this proposition have not given the Church this same courtesy.”
I love being apart of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is nice to feel that while there is so much bad in the world, things are going to be OK. We can find peace if we rely on our Savior and try our best to do what we know is right. Thanks to our wonderful Savior for this peace. There is a new song that has come out in the October Friend. It is my new favorite Primary song. It says exactly what a family is and the purpose of a family.
I LOVE IT!
Here is the link so you can listen to it. I don't know how to make it a link, so you will have to copy and paste it.
http://broadcast.lds.org/primary/Primary_04_TheFamilyIsOfGod_.mp3
Isn't this song great.
Print Page
7 years ago

3 comments:
Wow, that song is good. I love primary music. When Landon was 3 months old I got him the CD's. :)
I saw the commercial on the news. It is so ridiculous to me. It reminds me of 3rd grade fighting tactics. It's just sad, really.
Great post, Laralee!!!! I wish I would have called you on election day. I needed to talk to someone!! My friend in CA kept emailing me every hour to let me know what was going on there. I am so proud and grateful for all the members of the Church in CA who took so much heat over all of this. Thanks again for the post.
Post a Comment