Friday, November 14, 2008

Ordinary Miracle


We have great news in our family. William is potty trained. YIPPY!

I have always gone with the theory to wait until the child potty trains themselves. That worked with Hannah so I was waiting for William to do it himself. When he turned three and still had zero desire to go to the bathroom in the toilet, I was beginning to think that my theory was not going to work with William. I started to push the potty training and after a few weeks of failure I thought that William was going to be in diapers FOREVER.

Then one day... Jake and I were upstairs and William came up with no pants on and said, "Mom, I went to the bathroom all by myself." I immediately thought, "Oh no, What kind of mess did he make." I went down to check things out, and I was pleasantly surprised. There was no mess. Since that day, which was a week ago, he has done great! Only two accidents, but that is it. I guess I am going to stick with my theory and let my kids potty train themselves.

Potty training is one of those things that you think with never come, but when it does, it seems like an ordinary miracle.

Print Page

7 comments:

Christensen family said...

Yay William!!!!

Martha said...

HOORAY FOR WILLIAM!

Melanie said...

Congratulations. I think Sophie is going to do that. She goes in her diaper then strips and sits on the potty. We have had a few messes to clean up, but she isn't even 2 yet.

Stephanie said...

Congratulations!! Yeah. I'm all for the potty training themseleves theory!! So glad he's a big boy now. Such a relief. He's so cute and he's getting so big!

Rachel said...

Wow, good theory! I'll have to try that.

Michelle said...

Wahooo! That is awesoem!!

Griffin Family said...

Jackson was the same way. Exactly a month after her turned 3 he just started doing it on his own. I just hope that Makenna is trained a little earlier.