Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas

We had a great Christmas this year. Jake was able to take off a week for the holidays, and we really enjoyed having him around. We started off with a family party with all of Jake's family. We had dinner, opened presents, and then Grandpa and Jared had made some neat electrical conduit pipe chimes that we sat around and played. I forgot my camera, so I didn't get any pictures.

On Christmas Eve we went to Nevada to see my family.

This next picture is for Jake. He has been designing cell phone towers at work. There were a few along the freeway, so he wanted to stop so he could get a closer look, and take some pictures.


We got there just as it was beginning to snow, and then it snowed for the rest of the night and Christmas day. It was great. This was the first Christmas in a while that all of my family was able to be there. We had a great time together.
On Christmas Eve we acted out the Nativity. It was great because everyone got to dress up and be involved. We took a video, but it was kind of long so I won't post it. I wish that I would have got a picture of Jake. He was dressed up like one of the shepherds, and he looked pretty good. My brothers dressed up like the wise men. They were great.



Afterward we went to a ward/community Christmas party. The primary put on a program, and then Santa Clause came.



We had a great Christmas day visiting with family and lounging around by the fire while it snowed outside.



The next day we played outside in the snow. The kids loved burying Jake in the snow. Jake was determined to stay outside until William was ready to go in, but after a few hours he figured that William might not ever go inside. It was freezing outside, and William's cheeks were bright red, and his fingers were frozen, but he was having the time of his life playing outside with his dad. Jake finally convinced William to come inside.


The next few days were great for playing outside because it was so warm, so we were outside a lot.




Uncle Blaze helped us build a really big snowman.



We went sledding down our driveway which isn't very steep but it is really long, so if you can get a good start, you can go quite a ways.


We also went around the back roads with a sled tied to the back of my dad's truck. He went nice and slow for the kids, but when Jake and I were on the sled, he thought it was pretty fun to go over bumps real fast and try to get us to tip over... it was pretty fun, even with my brothers pelting me with snowballs the whole time.




Print Page

8 comments:

Griffin Family said...

It was fun having you here in lund for the holidays. Although we didn't get very good sleep, Jackson and Makenna love playing with their cousins.

Christensen family said...

All that playing in the snow looks fun! I can just see William playing out there all day. :)

Martha said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

Michelle said...

I love that Jake made a goal to stay out there until William wanted to go in! It seems like whenever that happens, the kids somehow know and they just keep going!

Anonymous said...

Hey! We found your blog and wanted to say hi and hope you guys had a Merry Christmas. We saw your family pics at Grandma's and your kids are soooo cute! Happy New Year!
Josh and Jess

Andrus Family said...

Love the name of your blog!! It is so funny that you took pictures of cell towers. Being a fellow engineers wife I have come to appreciate drain, water tanks and symbols in the sidewalk. Things that I have taken for granted for all these years.

Andrus Family said...

Jake,

From one engineer to another, it's nice to know I'm not the only one that does that. Things like that qualify you for the title of enginerd. :)

Yael said...

I love the pictures of the kids, of course (it's impossible not to), but I think my favorite photo is of you and Jake, him trapped in the snow. It's just...sweet. Hard to explain how/why that's the word I feel, but...yeah. Sweet. :)