Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Oh how time flies



I have been dreading this day for almost five years, Kindergarten registration day. I got the registration packet a little while ago and it just sat on my table. I knew once I filled the papers out, it would be the beginning of school and the end of my little kids being home all the time. I really enjoy my kids being home. I love them running around, having fun playing together and being around all of the time. I will miss Hannah not being home all day every day, but I also know that once I get used to this, and all of my kids are in school, I will enjoy the few hours each day to myself.
I finally got around to filling the packet out a few nights ago, and we went today to see her new school and to register her. I found out that it was not so bad. It helps that Hannah is so excited to go to school. Every time we have passed the school she talks about it. We got all of the paper work figured out and then we went to go look at where her classes will be. There was class going on so she was able to see the kids and the teachers inside. William was wishing that he was going to kindergarten and I don't know how I am going to hold him off for two more years. I am now feeling better about things. It is not as bad as I expected. I will probably cry on the way home from dropping her off on the first day of class, but for now I am good.

Hannah has gotten to be such a cute girl, and is such a great help to me. I am finding that she is a lot like me and a lot of her mannerisms remind me of me when I was little. I enjoy seeing this most of the time, the other part of the time it causes problems between us. Sometimes I wonder how my mom dealt with my attitudes when I was younger. Hannah loves to dance. She could dance all day. When she dances she has to wear her swimming suit, and church tights. Then she feels like she is dressed good enough to dance ballet. She has some pretty great dance moves. When William sees Hannah get into her swimming suit, then he has to go get his swimming suit and dance. So it seems these past few days, even though it is still February, and there is still a little bit of snow on the ground my kids run around in their swimming suits.



Print Page

5 comments:

Small Fry and Co. said...

They are so cute and Hannah has good dance form. She can even do lifts it looks like.

Martha said...

AH! I can't believe Hannah is going to Kindergarten. That almost makes me want to cry! And I'm not with her everyday. She is such a doll I love her so much.

Christensen family said...

I love the swimming suits. What cute kids.

Rachel said...

So cute! They're such cute nice kids, I hope mine get along that well.

Griffin Family said...

It is funny that your kids are running around in their swimming suits, because mine have done the same thing. They are so ready for summer and keep asking me when they can play in the water.