Wednesday, April 1, 2009

4-1-09

Three years ago today, when we lived in St. George, I was taking William to a checkup at the doctor's office. As I was driving home I was listening to the radio and the DJ was informing everyone that a big ice cream truck broke down. The truck was at a certain gas station and they were just giving away the ice cream so it would not go to waste. So I thought, "Ice cream sounds good. It would be fun to go and take the kids to get ice cream and then take some to Jake at work." So I went to the gas station to get some ice cream. I walked in the gas station and told them what was said on the radio and asked where it was. They looked at me and gave me a funny look, and then said, "April fools." I couldn't believe that I fell for it. I didn't even think about it being April fools day. I got a good laugh at myself, and still laugh when I think about it. That was a pretty good April fools joke. Have you ever fell for a good April fool's joke?

Print Page

4 comments:

Martha said...

Oh man, that is so funny!

Christensen family said...

That is pretty funny! I would have fell for it too. I love ice cream. Last year I believed my friend who lived in California was moving to Utah. Funny thing is she did move but not until October.

Isaac said...

wow, that is seriously really funny. Isaac and I can't think of times when we got tricked that bad...but we decided that we would have done the same thing as you.

Michelle said...

Oh my heck! I would have been mad and DEMANDED my ice cream!