Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Our family is growing

I recall a conversation I had about a month ago about having a dog for a pet. I grew up with dogs, and enjoyed it, but I thought that it would be a few more years before I even thought about getting a dog... at least until I was done having babies, my youngest was potty trained, and my kids were old enough to help take care of the dog.

With that being said, I would like to introduce you to the newest member of our family.

This is Peaches. She is actually my sister Lacy and Ben's Chihuahua. They are going back to school, and could not have a dog in their apartment, so we are babysitting it for two years. I guess she is not technically ours, but we just might decide to keep her. She is a great dog, and our kids love playing with her. I think Brooklyn likes her the most. She would spend all day outside with her if I let her and Peaches is so good with the kids. Peaches is great, and I have even found myself attached to her already.


Print Page

6 comments:

Ben and Lacy said...

Hey that looks an awful lot like my dog. Where did you get it? I am glad that it is working out so well. Thanks for keeping her. We really appreciate it.

Martha said...

Yep. I definitely thought you were announcing that you were pregnant with that title :)

Andrus Family said...

I am curious is there a return policy if you decide you don't want it anymore? We just got a puppy as well, our kids love it. Every kid needs a dog at least once right? Good luck!!

Christensen family said...

I guess Lacy & Ben have a good reason to visit now. I guess they had one (or 5) already, but you know.

Stephanie said...

Ah. Peaches is in good hands. I am so not ready. But, we've promised the kids a dog when we move to Idaho! Yikes! Every single mom that I've known that got a dog gave it back in one month's time. I know it will not be fun for me, but I know my kids need it.

Have fun with Peaches!

Bonnie said...

At least it should have small poops! Good luck with it!