I was with her on the playground until the teacher came to get all the kids. All of the kids were lining up and walking into the classroom when Hannah looked at me with her big eyes and a look on her face that said, "mom, don't leave me." I just gave her a big smile and waved, which must have given her enough courage to turn around and go into the room. It was at that moment that I felt a little tear in the corner of my eye, but that was it. Just one little tear. I have come a long way since Kindergarten registration.
I am very excited for Hannah to be learning new things, and getting new friends, but there is a part of me that is sad. I loved having all of my kids home. I loved the freedom of not being tied down to any schedule, we could do anything we wanted, go anywhere with all of my kids, enjoy all of my kids at home, knowing where they were and that they were safe. I guess I am like a mother hen who likes all of her little chicks under her wings. Thinking about how I would miss having Hannah at home made me think a little about homeschooling her... but only a little. Hannah is ready to move on, and to learn, and begin to become her own little person, and I am excited about that. I know she will do great.
Hannah is in a class with two of her little friends, Gavin and Chelsea.

Print Page

6 comments:
How exciting! I'm impressed that you were able to experience this with only having a little tear! I just bawled through the whole post! Hannah is such a sweetheart
How cute! Hannah is the best. Good job Laralee.
Oh Hannah is so cute! I wish she was going with Olivia too! Nice job Laralee - it gets easier with each kid!
hooray for Hannah!! i can't believe that you did not cry. i almost cried just reading about it.
Proud of you for not crying. Don't think it will get any easier with the next kids, though! She is so beautiful and she looks so ready!
My daughter is years away from going to school and I could hardly read your post without tearing up. Good for you and Hannah looked adorable in her new school clothes.
Post a Comment