On Wednesday we got into town late afternoon. As we were waiting for dinner to cook, Hannah went around showing everyone her loose tooth. She got to Uncle Micah, and after Micah saw it he decided he wanted to pull it out for her. So amazingly, she just stood there, (which she would have never done for me) and let him play with it, and before the night was over, Hannah had lost her first tooth.

That night we went to the gym and had a great time playing basketball, and gym hockey. The great thing about having a big family is that there is always enough people to have some great games.
Thanksgiving morning we woke up early and had our first annual family Turkey Trot walk/run, and then played some flag football. It was a perfect morning and a great way to start out Thanksgiving day.
Before our Turkey Trot.We had a great Thanksgiving lunch at my grandma's house filled with great food, fun people, football, movies, and our traditional game of Scrabble.
We also helped out with the butchering this year. Jake is a natural, and I think that this experience made Adam rethinking his career options. Now he is thinking about opening his own butcher shop. Haha. All of the first timers did great. For lunch, after cutting meat, we always take the best cuts of meat and BBQ them up with some hamburgers. Talk about some good food.


I love this picture of Lacy.
Later that afternoon we went Christmas tree hunting. There is not a huge selection were we go hunting, but we always find the perfect ones among all of the cedar trees. All the kids had a great time exploring through the trees and picking cedar berries. This year Lacy and Ben found a great tree. I hope they will be able to fit it into their little apartment.


On Saturday we went caving at Whipple's Cave, which is a about an hours ride out of town. It is a big hole in the ground, about 70 feet deep. You repel down the hole and the cave shoots off from the bottom of the hole. I am always amazed every time I go in a cave at the different rock formations. It is beautiful. Especially when you can find a cave that hasn't been touched by to many people.



It was a great Thanksgiving weekend.
Print Page

3 comments:
wow, what an adventure. I am so glad that you guys had fun, we sure missed you in highland though!
So fun! It was great to see pictures of the adventures I've heard about!! And I have to say, it's really fun to see pictures of my brother on your blog! :)
Cute pictures! That looks like a blast.
Post a Comment