Here is our little Rachel Hale Proctor. She was born on February 25th, at 3:33 pm. I was scheduled to be induced this day, a week early, hoping to have a smaller baby than my previous babies... and it worked... she was my smallest at 8 lbs 10 oz and 19" long. Just before I delivered Rachel, her heartbeat was getting weak so they put me on oxygen, which helped Rachel a lot. Everything else went quickly and great. After I delivered Rachel I started to get really sick. I was dizzy and nauseated. I could only hold Rachel for a few minutes and then the nurses took her to get washed up. Every time I opened my eyes the room was swimming around me. I thought it might be because I hadn't eaten all day so I decided to try to eat something, but soon realized that wasn't the problem when nothing I ate would stay down.We figured it was probably a reaction to the epidural. The next day I felt much better and I was able to enjoy this cute little bundle of joy. Rachel is such a cutie. She has the most hair out of all of my babies. Even though they end up losing it in the first few months.
The day we were scheduled to take Rachel home I found out that two of my kids were up all night with fevers, coughs and congestion, and my other two were recovering from being sick, so with 4 kids sick and a new baby I was wondering how everything was going to work. When I got home the kids got to peek at Rachel from a distance and then I took Rachel up to my room and for the next 2 weeks she was in isolation. Later that week I took Katie to the Doctor because she just wasn't betting better and he said that she had a slight case RSV and ear infections. It took about two weeks for her to get better. I was pretty paranoid about anyone holding Rachel and her getting sick because even though it was a mild winter, I knew of 5 babies that ended up in the ICU with RSV, 4 of which were just a few weeks old. We were sure glad when everyone was feeling better and we could all enjoy our little Rachel.





No comments:
Post a Comment